lf1

I'm Not Sure and I Feel Crazy

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  sem0319 1 month ago.

• Author

sem0319
    Participant

I am involved with a man that I am starting to think is a sociopath. This has made me feel crazy and react equally as crazy. We started as an affair 14 years ago. We have never lost touch, sometimes engaging and sometimes just as friends, and sometimes no contact at all. I have married someone else had a child and divorced since our affair started. I finally, in 2015, had gotten stable and started a relationship that was normal. The affair partner was still in my heart and I had a dream of being with him still. He finally came to me when I was cutting it off and proclaimed his love and want to fight for me. He left his home and divorced in summer of 2016. Since then everything has fallen apart in our relationship. We have gone round and round. He has blamed me, lied to me, cheated on me, made me feel everything is my fault and I am the subject of all hurt in his life. I have read and read about sociopaths, manipulative narcissists, psychopaths … he fits so many of the characteristics. In turn, I feel I fit the characteristics myself. I want the opportunity to work on the relationship and I can’t seem to find the strength to let it go. I am lost and weak. He is now using that weakness as excuse to end it. I can’t accept it. I still want him and I feel so awful. I don’t know if I should stay or go. I don’t know that I am strong enough at this point to let go. I need so much help.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  sem0319.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.