lf1

Please give me advice I have a criminal case pending w/ a sociopath out on bail

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sunnygal 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

abbeywood
    Participant

I was assaulted my boyfriend now ex-boyfriend and he almost killed me. He went to jail but is out on bail until he goes to court. I now have a restraining order on him but it still worries me. Since a day or two after the judge granted me the restraining order I have been receiving cryptic text messages from a random number which sounds like it could be him but it is untraceable. I have reported it to the police as of a few days ago but as I read more about sociopaths the more scared I become. He had never laid a hand in me before. We dated about 9 months. I noticed he got progressively more controlling, verbally aggressive and then physically aggressive (throwing things etc.) before he finally did this to me. I don’t want to give anymore details to protect myself. I can’t sleep I’m scared and I’m not sure what else I should do. I am not sure what to expect. My gut tells me he is going to try and get to me before the court case to try and get me to go easy in him or try and help him in some way. The court case could be as far as a few months out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all…

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  abbeywood.

Donna Andersen
    Keymaster

abbeywood – I am so sorry for your experience. What you are describing is typical of an abuser – slowly ramping up the control and then erupting into violence.

It’s hard to give advice in these situations, because it depends on the particular circumstances. Please be very careful.

You might want to get the book called, “The Gift of Fear” by Gavin DeBecker. It has a lot of really good advice.

Sunnygal
    Participant

Good luck to you.

Sunnygal
    Participant

I read Gavin DeBecker gave one of the eulogies at Carrie Fisher’s memorial service.

howdoimoveon
    Participant

Can you get details of a women’s refuge in case you need a place in an emergency or get the police to put a panic alarm in your house. I’m not sure what country you are in but you can do that in the UK.

Sunnygal
    Participant

Hope you are doing O.K.

Sunnygal
    Participant

howdoimoveon- That is good.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.