lf1

Reply To: Some of what court was like for me

battered
Participant

Well, I’m a year and a half into the divorce proceedings and am at a stale mate. From what I’ve read I believe my husband is a mixture of at least a VEN and a sociopath. I supported him for 20 years and he is now suing me for spousal support. He is perfectly capable of working but chose to work part time in a minim wage job when he could have used his skills to earn much more. Now he has quit that job and is suing his boss for a Workman comp claim too!I so want to cut all ties with him but I can”t afford to pay him and continue to support our kids too. When I eventually got the courage to get him to leave I felt such a weight lift off but this divorce is just so draining. He has of course moved on to his next victim – a new girlfriend who earns more money but he’s smart – they’re not getting married so no help for my divorce there.
I feel like I’ve been in a war for 20 years. I don’t know who I am as he took away my identity and now I am having to pick up the pieces of who I used to be and try to put humpty-dumpty back together again! And he still wants me to continue to support him – it feels like the torture goes on…