lf1

Reply To: Broke up with narcissist and started no contact, having a really tough time

imokay
Participant

Oh cindyds…I know exactly how you feel! I had myself convinced that I was the one he loved. The others were just him sowing his oats after his divorce. I was the one who could make him happy. He knew it too, he just needed to admit it to himself. I used to tell him so. God I was so messed up.

I can promise you no one, not any girl will get treated any better or worse than you did. Remember, we are interchangeable. When he hooked up with you he left another woman feeling the way you do right now.

My ex moved his next target in while he was talking to me.

I work with the ex neighbor of my narc and he told me that they would fight so loud the entire neighborhood could hear. There are moments, still, that I think he’ll come to his senses and come back to me. But I quickly remind myself that he’s not capable of love! And I sometimes feel sorry for the “her” that’s there now, how messed up she was to be a target and how messed up she must be now that she lives with him, but I always come back to “better her than me”.

Work on your self respect. You deserve better than him. You know it. Keep telling yourself positive things about yourself. You are smart, you are funny, people like you, you’re a great friend, daughter, sister, mom, aunt……whatever. Nobody should be treated like that