lf1

Reply To: Some of what court was like for me

learningtoolate
Participant

Wow. I feel all of this pain. I have been separated for over 2.5 years and I am waiting for my divorce to end. My lovely husband threatened me that he would take my retirement money, make me sell my house, and I would have to live in a small apartment, work until I am 70+, and die alone. He has access to my bank accounts and retirement accounts and knows how much I make. I have already spent over $10,000 with no end in sight. As a second wife, I feel pretty stupid. I just believed the lies and didn’t see what he had done to the first wife. He owes so much to his attorney, but won’t negotiate. After all my money is gone and all of the value in my house is gone, he might tire of torturing me. Everyone feels sorry for him and I am the bad one, as he told as many people as he could that I was a lesbian and I was unfaithful. I was cruel to him, so he says. He is over 50 living with his parents and I have all of the marital debt. He has to win. After trying to kill me three times and giving me a concussion, I am afraid of him. I don’t expect things to go my way and I worry if they would he would come after me. He is a coward as I read above, but he can be very scary with those black eyes boring into me. I wish I had known better, but it is a little late for that. Does anyone have an idea of how I can survive seeing him in court? I have been in court twice already and we are at a mediator at this point. My attorney said I will have to see him one more time.
The nightmares that I still have from living with him and the hours of counseling I have had to get over this have still left me with a hole in my heart. I have PTSD, anxiety, and depression. He doesn’t work and I am court ordered to support him. Unfortunately, I made more money than he did and I had a house. I will feel the effects of my bad decision until the day I die.
It isn’t fair that we suffer for a very long time (forever?) and the sociopath just moves on to the next victim. I feel sorry for her as he is escalating. He will probably kill the next woman. I won’t be able to stop him. I haven’t been able to stop him from ruining my life, not to mention his own children and my two children. Nasty business with a sociopath and I had no idea they even existed.