Valentine’s Day is approaching. It’s a big day for romance — and romance scammers.
What are warning signs that a potential partner that you met online is, in reality, a con artist? A British financial company called Keeping It Simple compiled a list that includes:
- Can’t meet or chat on the phone
- Inconsistencies in their story
- Repetition — they can’t remember what they told to whom
- Wanting to chat via text/Whatsapp
- Sending emails to you with attachments — to give your computer a virus
- Asking you a lot of questions, but not answering any of yours
- Their picture is too perfect — movie star material
For more detail, see the Keeping It Simple report:
The Big Business of Online Dating Scams, on Kisbridgingloans.co.uk.