Please help Lovefraud teach students to spot and avoid sociopaths

teenage girlWhen an adult becomes romantically involved with a sociopath, the experience is awful.

When young people become romantically involved with sociopaths, it’s usually far worse.

When I did the research for my book, Red Flags of Love Fraud, I collected data through an online survey. More than 1,300 people completed the survey about their experiences with people who they now believe are sociopaths.

The results were shocking: On almost every measure, people who said they became involved with sociopaths between the ages of 14-29 suffered more than those who met the sociopaths when they were over the age of 30.

Younger people are more likely to experience physical abuse and have their lives threatened. They are more likely to lose money, jobs and homes. They are more likely to consider ending it all by committing suicide.

I believe that this pain, hardship and trauma can be avoided if young people are taught about sociopaths in school.

Lovefraud is embarking on an online continuing education program to teach adults about sociopaths. I anticipate that many learners from the general public will take the courses because they’ve already encountered a sociopath, and are trying to understand what they’re dealing with.

I anticipate that mental health professionals will take the courses so they can help their clients escape and recover.

But shouldn’t we prevent all this devastation by teaching young people how to spot and avoid sociopaths in the first place?

The goal of the Lovefaud Education and Recovery nonprofit corporation is to create cost-effective programs that can be widely distributed to schools and colleges.

If you’ve been in a relationship with a sociopath, I’m willing to bet that one reason you fell for the person was because you didn’t know these human exploiters existed.

Let’s teach young people about sociopaths. Please help them avoid what you endured by making a tax-deductible donation to this effort.

please help teach students to spot and avoid sociopaths

7 Comments on "Please help Lovefraud teach students to spot and avoid sociopaths"

1. Imara says:

Done!!!
    I was one of the young uns….15-50. I empathize.

2. AnnettePK says:

I discern that my minor son was even more damaged by the psychopath who became his step father for the several years I was ‘married’ to my ex Psychopath.

3. Anon says:

I’ve been experiencing it and my ex husband has become like the sordered one I was with 21 mths ago. His behaviour has turned nasty and involved my poor innocent family. Fortunate my son sees the behaviour and my son said that’s what happens when you date one mum. Nothing is ever private.

4. Delores says:

It needs to be taught from infancy. All child molesters are psychopaths. Not all psychopaths are not child molesters but I believe they have the potential to be. That is why I did everything I could to protect my children and grandchildren from him, he seems normal but is sexually deviant and a misogynist as well as a psychopath.

5. This is desperately needed. I don’t know what the best age is to reach young people, 14 maybe?

Whenever I see a hiway memorial at a likely suicide-by-car-crash site, I always think of individuals emotionally blown away by experiences with psychopaths.

6. TJJ79 says:

I wish this program was made available to schools and colleges in UK. The Nspcc report domestic violence amongst teenagers is at a record high which doesn’t surprise me at all when teenagers are taught nothing in schools about abusive relationships.
    I know of many young girls in abusive relationships as well as adults in my town but when I mention the word sociopath or other anti social personality disorders I may as well hit my head against a brick wall because people just laugh including friends and think I’m talking crazy.
    Not even professionals, such as police, counsellors or domestic abuse workers are educated about these psycho’s which for me it’s been a lonely recovery with no one to talk to who understands.

7. OpalRose says:

Good Morning – this outreach is so needed and appreciated. I was first approached by the long-term spath in my life when I was 25 years old. I did not even like him – he was not good looking, very pushy and rather juvenile in his behavior. He got to me by stalking me, the pity play and saying he wanted to build a life together. I was working long hours and too tired to listen to my gut telling me he was a pain in the butt. If I had known that in my particular case the “Gray Rock” approach would have gotten him to lose interest and go away, my adult life would have been different.

Teaching young people about the red flags gets to the heart of the matter. I will support this effort by contributing and saying a heartfelt thanks for all I have learned from this site. In that regard, I will send Donna an article that details the first intimate partner violence can take place at 11-17 years old. It is shocking that the survey of LF readers also pointed out the damage done in the early adult years.