Donna Andersen explains the Red Flags of Love Fraud

In a one-hour interview, Donna Andersen explains the 10 signs that you’re dating a sociopath, and other points about disordered personalities, to Michael Cross, host of  Unlock the Door.

This is an audio interview, even though it’s posted on YouTube.

Donna’s books, Love Fraud and Red Flags of Love Fraud, are available in the Lovefraud Bookstore.

9 Comments on "Donna Andersen explains the Red Flags of Love Fraud"

1. Bally says:

Donna, a fabulous interview. I wish I could have listened to this before I had encountered a psychopath. It all happened to me, every bit if it. Nothing was missing. Tremendous work on your research to be able to get this so perfectly accurate. I still believe a lot of people expect psychopaths to look like monsters (well I did), and getting past this stereotyping is also a big hurdle for not falling victim to one. Thank you it was a wonderful interview.

2. Bally – thank you. I do hope that people get the message about these predators before they encounter them. So much heartache could be spared.

3. Bally says:

Donna, it gave me a flashback to my first meeting with the psychopath, he must have noted I liked a certain brand of expensive shoes and some other things during the conversation as the next day gifts – including a pair of this brand of shoes – arrived for me at work…even in my size….I asked him how he knew all this….he tapped his head and said “it all goes in here”. That freaked me out from your interview when you mentioned they study us carefully. Freaked me!

4. Stargazer says:

Listened to this while I was getting ready for work. Donna, you did a great job. You are concise and articulate. Do you know how wide the audience is for this radio show? Also, I don’t know if you ever got to #10?

5. Thank you Stargazer. I don’t know how big the audience is.

I thought we went through all the red flags, but if you didn’t hear them all, I could be wrong. I’d have to listen to the show again.

• Stargazer says:

I was in the bathtub while I was listening, so I could have missed #10. But overall, I thought you really got the point across.

My educating is limited to one-on-one situations. But it’s amazing when I explain what a sociopath is to someone, usually their eyes will get really wide because they have known someone or know someone who fits that description. They knew something was off but they couldn’t put their finger on it.

6. Kathleen says:

Great interview. Donna – you were spot-on when you mentioned the lack of love in a sociopath. That was one of the first things I noticed with my ex. I used to have the words in my mind ‘you don’t know what love is’ but dare not say it. I imagined saying it but never did. That was before I even knew anything about sociopaths. I just knew there was something odd like cold emotionally. Very cold especially after the love bombing phase.

7. jmmira says:

Very good interview. I have a major problem with the fellow stating statistics without sources at the beginning of the video. It’s already extremely hard for a husband to get anyone believe that his wife has no boundaries, is extremely narcissistic or worse. When someone throws out statistics as if they’re fact it really has a very significant, negative, non-productive impact. I can testify to this!

8. hinahina says:

Yes, Donna, important interview! Great presentation.
    The interviewer brings up the question surrounding whether the disordered traits might somehow be advantageous and desirable in some marginal fashion but the deciding points would center around whether the person is deceitful and abusive on some level, be that evaporating wealth or diminishing another’s spirit, or are they living the more dignified and honorable, purposeful life of creativity and compassion.
    The economic bottom line is more quantifiable to those who enjoy numbers crunched, and so I refer to a previous posting of mine here at Lovefraud where I stated that the quantity of kooks multiplied by the average estimated loss of real dollars to resources, public and private, multiplied by the amount of victims per kook per year gave me the round figure of a $7Trillion loss of GDP in the USA per year.
    The GDP of the USA per year is about $15Trillion. Psychopaths cost society in terms of real dollars lost in so many ways to the tune of about half the GDP per year.
    This is a very significant number. Even if it were a half or a quarter of this it would be very significant. But this is not necessarily an overly ambitious estimate since the kooks are so insidious and duplicitous and covert.

I just rooted out three in the past 48 hours in my community and possibly rescued half a billion dollars in real resources today!! That’s significant.
    These disordered types are not a benefit to society. They are unsustainably expensive.
    That’s why no one wants to get involved with a kook.