Donna Andersen on the Ricki Lake Show Mon. Oct. 29

Two weeks ago, a producer from the Ricki Lake Show contacted me—they were doing an episode on Love Scams, and invited me to Los Angeles to be on the show.

They were also looking for another guest, and of course, Lovefraud has many people who have been scammed. I suggested several people, and they contacted Heidi Lehman, who lives near the studio.

The show airs Monday, Oct. 29. Four of us talk about our experiences with con artists—one of whom was a murderer. Ricki Lake describes her own experience with a scammer, and then some audience members talk about what they went through.

Predators are everywhere. I am so happy that Ricki Lake wanted to do this show—it’s bringing awareness to the fact that millions of sociopaths live among us.

The Ricki Lake Show: Monday – Love Scams.

To find the show in your area, go to the Ricki Lake website and click the “Where to watch” link.

35 Comments on "Donna Andersen on the Ricki Lake Show Mon. Oct. 29"

1. Back_from_the_edge says:

Dear Louise: I am so happy to hear you sounding so much better!
    YES: one day we wake up and they just aren’t there anymore,
    in those thoughts and ruminations.

It fades with the passage of time and we readjust ourselves
    and find ways to reprocess the memories and experience.
    We are stronger than the havoc that was wreaked on us in
    our experiences and it’s that core strength that they hate so
    much about us. Hm? No woman should be that strong…right?

I am happy to hear you speak of HOPE.
    HOPE is all we have to cling to. The HOPE that lives inside of
    us. That sets down our boundaries and our paths in this life.

I will keep praying for your journey, Louise.
    Lots of love and hugs ~ Dupey xxoo

2. Louise says:

Dupey:

Thank you. I am getting there. Ever so slowly. Now I am just depressed about my mom issues. It’s always something. Life really is pretty hard when you have a dysfunctional family and friends who also put you down for the choices you are making with your mother…sigh. Just want to give up sometimes, but I guess I have to keep on.

3. Frandee says:

Any chance you can show the segment on lovefraud?

4. skylar says:

I didn’t get a chance to see it and would love it if there was a youtube of it.

Donna, I hope you are doing ok after the storm. My sister lives in NJ also and she is doing fine, she even has power. So I’m optimistically hopeful that you are ok.

5. hens says:

Louise,
    Gosh, I remember thinking of him every second I was awake, this went on for years.. I was so frustrated with myself. I would of stuck the water hose in my ear and washed out my memories if that would of worked. It was just awful, somebody like that having so much control over my mind. But that was part of the lesson, it was not a normal relationship. Getting envolved with a 100% certified sociopath is not like anything else we have ever been through. It take’s a big chunk of our soul to survive that. And year’s to recover, if ever fully.
    I dont think of him every second, there might even be hour’s I dont think of him, but never does a day pass that I dont remember something, usually something painful, rarely something good about him.
    I see him “from a distance” now adays..and I have no warm fuzzy feelings about him at all, I just want to avoid him..I dont want him to know how he affected my life, not that he would give a damn…or maybe he would feel powerful, I wont give him that either.

6. skylar says:

Hens,
    that is a perfect description of how I felt too. Wanting to wash every single memory of him out of my brain, and being unable to do it, was so painful. Now I’m glad for the wisdom I gained. If I HAVE to remember it, it might as well be worth something to me.

7. alohatraveler says:

Donna,

Will the show allow you to post a youtube video of this or a some kind of link?

I know your story but I still want to see it!

Aloha