A chilling short film portraying sociopathic domestic violence

I did not experience violence at the hands of my sociopathic husband, and for that I am eternally grateful. But 36 percent of the people who completed the Lovefraud Romantic Partner Survey said they were physically abused, and 34 percent said their lives were threatened.

A short film by Sharon Wright, called Tell Me That You Love Me, provides a chillingly accurate depiction of violence in an intimate relationship. It’s chilling and accurate because she experienced it.

Sharon explains why she made the film in a separate YouTube video. I cannot add anything to her words, except to thank her for making the film. It captures, in a little over five minutes, the horror of domestic violence, and the aftermath for the victim.

I also thank Robert in Seattle, who forwarded the links.

P.S. This film may be triggering to Lovefraud readers. Sharon suggests that you not watch it at work or around small children. I second her advice.

44 Comments on "A chilling short film portraying sociopathic domestic violence"

1. darwinsmom says:

Bob Dylan just brought out a new single from his new album with a quite ‘disturbing’ video.

I like the video though. Basically it tells the story of a stalker who’s both stalking and trying to lovebomb his target every day with stolen roses. But it doesn’t end well for the stalker. She sprays him with pepper spray, he gets chased by cops for stealing the roses and during this chase he tries to get rid of them by making a ladder fall while he knows there’s someone standing on it. The ladder guy has a broken arm (and thereby probably loses his income), but the ‘hero’ of the clip shows no remorse whatsoever… just collateral damage to him. He still ends up caught and in jail, and when he’s released, already on his way back to his stalking stake out, he gets kidnapped by gangsters hired by the ladder guy and they break his knees, then throw him back on the street, where Bob Dylan passes and ignores the creep completely.

The interesting thing is that of course the stalker is a pretty boy, and he just seems to have an innocent crush and of course things befall him he could use for a pity play. Normally as music clips go the guy would get the girl, instead of being rejected and beaten up. The romantic lightning and cheerful song all fit that expected myth of romance. The clip though violates that romantic falsehood crudely, as it should… and with Dylan almost literally walking over the broken body of the creep on the street, it reveals that Dylan isn’t fooled by the pity play.

2. Truthspeak says:

Darwinsmom, what an interesting insight. Bad begets bad begets bad…..harm begets harm begets harm.

I truly believe that karma has an often wry way of knocking at people’s doors and smacking them in their faces with a rotten salmon. Somehow, it all comes back full circle.

As with the ending of Sharon Wright’s video, the spath chooses their own demise. Oddly, this is something that the exspath used to pontificate about by saying, “We all choose the manner of our own deaths.” I often wondered why this was such an important topic for him, but it finally makes sense – he’s chosen a dark, dismal, and terrifying path, and Karma will tap on his shoulder, soon enough. I don’t need to know about it, and I don’t WANT to know when it comes back around to him. He’ll reap what he’s sown, and that’s just a simple fact.

The Universe requires a balance, I believe. I mean that I truly believe that everything within the Universe must maintain a balance. Stars and planetary systems are born and they die. Black holes suck in galactic matter and repurpose it to produce new galaxies, stars, and planets. Everything works in a chaotic balance, and I truly believe that this holds true with human actions and choices.

As for pity…..the end of Sharon’s abuser was still demanding pity, even as he bled out. Yes, we can feel badly for someone like that without feeling pity. I reserve “pity” for those whose experiences had nothing to do with their personal choices or actions. I can feel badly that someone has no soul, but I don’t pity them for it.

pffffffffffffffft………..(waving hand in the air) I’d step over the exspath in the same scenario.

Brightest blessings

3. darwinsmom says:

I found it an empowering music video that rightfuly disturbs the typical marketing message we get bombarded with.

It does start off with that air of a commercial, especially with the cheery song… How often do commercials involve some pretty, model looking types meet each other and fall in a swoon over each other, because of the right alcohol drink, or perfume, or shaving tool being used in a matter of secs. This video uses that kind of theme bu reveals there’s nothing normal about it. If you have a guy waiting each day across your front door on the street to follow you around and try to catch your attention and even open the door of the car while you’re seated in it, then that ain’t romantic at all, but someone you defend yourself from with mace. If you’re a flower salesman where each entitled stalker thinks he can steal a rose from once a day, at some point you’ll have the cops waiting in hiding around the corner to catch him for it. And if you lose your means of income because some spath thought to use you in order to escape the consequences of his past actions, then yeah, you’d like to really hurt them.

The video shows that he’s been staking out and following her at least once before the first time we witness it being done the first time.

Another contrast that I liked is Dylan and his gang of misfits (including a guy dressed up like Gene Simons in his KISS outfit) with the stalker. The stalker LOOKS normal and handsome and trustworthy, whereas Dylan and his band of misfits LOOK like gangsters or creeps almost. But the real creep is the stalking spath, a piece of worthless shit.

4. Speaking_Up says:

Brilliant. What a good example of karma. I wonder what I did in my last life to deserve what I have endured in this one. If I could think of anything I can change, I change it…but sometimes I am just stumped.

Here is my reply to OX in regular inbox…to give you an idea:

“Yes, thank you for sharing that…it’s still hard to think about Trevor’s last two hours – especially since I was not able to be there for him. No one was as his wife went to a different hospital. It will be 10 years next May and I can’t believe how fast the time has gone. And how slow. My son was the only person in my family who had feelings like me…while my ex is likely not a spath he had very few feelings. He cried harder when a race car celebrity died than when Trevor died.

I am so sorry for your loss and all the pain the aircrash caused you. And I’m glad you are in the room. I am so very insecure…sometimes I read my posts immediately after I post and I seem so choppy.

I’m just getting my bearings back after my boyfriend of five years was found to have been molesting my granddaughter…my precious sweet who was my son’s and I should have been more vigilant in protecting her.

I’m getting smashed down pretty big from her mother’s side of the family…blaming me. I don’t blame them. However, when I found the c.d.s I took them to the police immediately and moved that weekend while he was away. He is in jail now, for 18 months. Are sexual molesters of children spaths? It would just figure.

What goes around comes around and around again it seems – at least in my life. I begged her maternal side for forgiveness and they wouldn’t give it to me. *tears* can’t talk about this right now… I feel all of the pain of my childhood back in full force at times. PTSD overcomes me. But, I will be okay…I just need to keep calling my granddaughter and sending her cards…one day she will be allowed to visit me in my city again, I’m sure.

Meanwhile I can go see her for a day or so…just no overnights. It’s hard because we live 3 to 4 hours away from each other. We went to the Pacific National Exhibition together while I was in Vancouver about 2 weeks ago and had a blast.

He wasn’t even my boyfriend anymore, but I shared his house and had two bedrooms on the other side of the home thinking everything was great. I had a man nearby and no obligations. Oh how wrong I was. Blind as a bat. Which is weird because usually I’m the first to suspect such perverts being a survivor myself.

That’s why my trust level is zero now. I just have no sense of judgement – so when Jeremy was playing this cat and mouse game I just stopped it in its’ track.

Did Jeremy give you his phone number? You would think after my complaints to him he would smarten up somewhat. He described himself as very poor…always hinting at money issues.”

(((hugs all)))

5. skylar says:

Darwinsmom,
    brilliant insight on the video. You were right on. I read all the comments and nobody else understood that the dude was stalker and spath. That was disappointing.

But Dylan’s work was right on. the spath didn’t care about anything or anyone except his prey. He was so arrogant that he thought he could hurt anyone and get away.

It’s interesting to read the comments, most of all. People are as unaware as we used to be. It’s almost amazing now to look at how unaware these people are. I can’t believe I was just as ignorant as they are. I’m glad I woke up.

6. 10Y 1M 6D says:

I’ve only watched the first video, the one explaining why she made the 2nd. I think my head is going to explode. I’m here alone, I’m not sure if that’s good or not. I’m going to wait to watch the 2nd until H gets home.

I’ve never said aloud what it was, what it’s been. Doubt I ever will. Or maybe I will. The Psy died instantly in a car crash in Feb. and I thought finally, FINALLY the nightmare’s over. But it isn’t. ??? We just got back from a visit with my daughter, and saw the Psy’s wife.

P’s wife & I had been having a conversation for the 2 years previous, because she was seriously considering divorce & didn’t want to be left with nothing, like I had.

And now she’s posting on FB how wonderful he was, how she misses him.

I’ve never said “who” he was except to touch on it to protect my daughter and she lived a lot of it, so she knows. It’s been toughest on her, she has to live with the fraud about how wonderful he was, at the same time loving him because he was her father.

I just want to scream. I don’t quite understand it, it’s over only it isn’t and I can’t “flush” it. He almost succeeded in killing me and I still live the scars, emotional & physical, but that was my fault, of course, if I hadn’t been the $&#$&* he wouldn’t have had to. No, I’m sure of that because his parents & brother TOLD me and they are gods, just ask them. (No, I do NOT still believe that. But that’s what I lived for 10 years, a month and 6 days. The abuse wasn’t just the P, it was the P’s family, and they still breathe.)

I don’t understand why he never touched the 2nd wife but she got the horrible psychological abuse. And now she treats him like a saint??? I know that she isn’t living the truth; I know this because she is enjoying life finally, doing everything she wanted to and he wouldn’t let her, so it’s all a fraud. I know this. If she would ever admit it, she’s glad he’s dead, too, because she got everything & she wouldn’t have, had he lived to divorce. So it’s all fraud and I’m expected to smile & praise a worthless human being who sprang from the devil’s loins. And I won’t do it, but I can’t flush it. Makes no sense.

I HATE HIM. More, I hate what he did and how I can’t EVER scour the filth from my life. Most, I HATE how he has been canonized, and for what??? DYING??? Well, OK, probably the best thing he ever did, aside from providing sperm for my daughter.

I’m sorry, I know it doesn’t make sense, for some reason I finally need to SAY IT. I’m sorry.

Dear Ten years,

Her canonizing him now is her attempt to put a “good face” on her marriage, but believe me, he did NOT treat her well…and actually, what other people think about him DOES NOT HURT YOU UNLESS YOU LET IT.

You cannot control what others think, say or do….or believe. Only what YOU believe, and think.

You KNOW the truth, he emotionally abused her, and she did not live a happy ever after life with him and even if she did get the bulk of the $$$, believe me MONEY WILL NOT BUY HAPPINESS, CONTENTMENT OR PEACE.

Yes, you hate him, and you have every right to do so….but I do ask if you think that this feeling you are having right now is beneficial to you or not?

BTW, you are NOT expected to smile and praise his worthless ass, just SMILE and let them WONDER WHAT YOU ARE THINKING! LOL (((hugs))))

8. nevermore77 says:

When I watched this it was like watching what happened to me…the final straw that made me leave. The words he said…the same and the violence out of nowhere. It’s left me shaking and nervous. You’re never the same…never. In truth the scenario makes me scared as my DVO ends in a month and I have been frightened about the knock at the door but can’t do anything until there is. I hope it never eventuates but the fear is always there. It never leaves despite my determination to live my life the way I want.