lovefraud2
lovefraud2

Link between Facebook and narcissism

According to new research, people who score highly on the Narcissistic Personality Inventory questionnaire had more friends on Facebook, tagged themselves more often and updated their newsfeeds more regularly.

Read Facebook’s ‘dark side’: study finds link to socially aggressive narcissism, on Guardian.co.uk.

Link sent by a Lovefraud reader.

www.lovefraud.com

60 Comments on "Link between Facebook and narcissism"

1. Bob Wyman says:

Ox Drover, check out tineye.com Link to or upload a photo and it will find that person on other websites (if they are). Invaluable for checking out people on dating sites. That pretty woman or handsome guy photo will no doubt turn up with different names on different sites etc… the dating site already has your membership fee…

2. callmeathena says:

Milo,

Hahahaha! Backspath!

Athena

3. MiLo says:

Thanks Athena,

Sometimes you have to think outside the box to come up with good backspaths.

Whenever she applies for any credit, goes to a check cashing place, tries to get a cell phone, etc., she always puts down our name as a contact person, reference. SO ofcourse WHEN she doesn’t pay or keep her contract, we get all the credit collection agencies calling US.

I go through her “friends” from myspace and FB and look up their phone numbers. I keep a list next to my phone. When the collection agency calls, I am very nice and polite to them and give them my list of phone numbers. I tell them I am SURE these people are in touch with her, so don’t give up. I also include her BF and ALL his relatives.

Think outside the box…..

4. anam cara says:

I’m just posting today as I think about things.
    Last Sept 2011 spathzilla came over to UK from Oz, charm itself to wider family who don’t know “IT”. I hadn’t found LF yet and didn’t know “IT” either. I was/am traumatised by her actions over the previous 18 mths. I didn’t want anything to do with her; NC..etc. I was trying to make sense of things. She phoned me to meet for lunch and I didn’t know what to do. I needed time to think and said I’d call her back. I met her the next day (took the bait) thinking we would discuss what had happened and why; maybe some apologies……….NO! Instead “you have to try and move on!” I said to her “you would like that and to for me to pretend nothing happened.” She said “you’re an adult now!” I said “you are selfish and controlling” and saw the “subtle smirk” of success on her lips. This I now realise is her MISSION STATEMENT and I had just validated her.
    Soon after, I received her e-mail telling me I am mentally ill, much worse than she first thought. I must get help ASAP.
    PRIMING/SLIMING next, then DEVALUE/DISCARD

5. anam cara says:

LF is an education in s/paths SOP. Perhaps we learn the lessons as we are able to absorb them, but such a painful journey.

6. Spirit40 says:

They always project ..mine wanted me to go on antidrpressants and insisted we needed a gun for protection he borrowed a neighbors old one shotgun it was broken anyhow and ancient…he was in AA and I wasnt allowed to go. To any meetings even if they were different Im codependent…his narcissistic supply could be taken if someone paid attention to me