lovefraud5
lovefraud5
ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFilipinoFrenchGermanGreekHindiIndonesianItalianJapaneseKoreaMalayPersianPolishPortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishvietnamese
By February 10, 2012 8 Comments Read More →

Cop convicted for raping woman who called 911

A young woman in Milwaukee called 911 when a brick crashed through her window. Police officer Ladmarald Cates showed up, got her alone, and raped her. For a long time, no one took the woman’s claims seriously. But finally, the cop was prosecuted. Read:

She dialed 911. The cop who came to help raped her. on DailyBeast.com.

Link supplied by a Lovefraud reader.

Posted in: Laws and courts

8 Comments on "Cop convicted for raping woman who called 911"

This cop hit on the wrong woman….he hit on one who in spite of her circumstances wanted to “be somebody” and was working hard to do so…he did not hit on a weak woman…”I am woman, hear me roar” and though she had her doubts of course and the cops tried to close up the blue line behind him, he got what he had coming to him. JUSTICE.

I am so glad that this woman made it and was not pushed back into the swamps of life by her experience. There needs to be a LifeTime movie made of this incident. I’d get cable just to watch it!

TOWANDA FOR HER!!!! Let her be our guiding star!!!

2. skylar says:

This is no surprise to me. The spath would “tell” me over and over again how corrupt the cops in our area were. It was a tell, yes they are corrupt but what he didn’t say was that he had them in his back pocket.

3. breckgirl says:

What a brave and strong girl. I am so happy for her. I have to believe somehow the path to the attorney that helped her was made for her. I pray she lives in the peace and joy she so deserves.

I just cannot understand the “blue line” – I understand cops wanting to protect each other and there is a bind due to what they face but when they find one of their own harming innocent people don’t they think about their children, their wives, sisters, ???

Due to the S/N I dealt with I know how awful some officers can be – I had several lecture me and blame me when in fact I knew from another that it took 5 of them to bring him in on more than one occasion… It makes me so angry and we as regular citizens are helpless to defend ourselves against “the uniform” – makes me sick.

4. darwinsmom says:

Reminds me of a news article I read about a rape this week.

The guy had slammed his gf’s head into the steering wheel once for receiving a message of someone he didn’t know, assaulted her another time. They had broken up, or on the verge of break-up when he dragged her by her hair in public away from friends, and raped her then. She was directly taken to hospital where the report noted the evidence of sexual violence.

So the past week was the trial. His attorney tried to make it into a he-said-she-said claim (euhm… sexual violence report of the hospital? Witnesses of his violent ‘caveman’ behaviour before that). He reasoned that if she had not wanted to have had sex with the guy she could have fought him, since she does thai boxing.

Judge stepped in saying that when someone is being attacked they can freeze up, incapicating them from acting in a way to defend themselves.

Then the defence lawyer argued that even though she had had a restraining order against her ex, she still contacted him herself.

Judge stepped in again. The lawyer accused the judge of defending the witness on the stand. Judge argued the witness was not on trial, and that his job was to defend his client, not prosecute a victim.

Yay for that judge!

Yea, for that judge is right! AMEN!!!!

Yes, that “blue line” is disturbing…and I realize cops have a miserable job for miserable pay usually, but at theh same time, too many of them become cops so they can have power and control. This guy was obviously one of those abusers who wanted a badge and a gun. I’m glad he finally got his.

Yea, for this woman and the attorney who helped her.

6. skylar says:

Darwinsmom,
    the blue line is understandable as abhorrent as it is. Rent the movie Serpico, if you can. This cop was all about morals and standards. He almost died. His life story can be googled. 40 years later, he still has PTSD because he tried to do what was right and his “brothers” conspired to kill him.

In a situation like cops and soldiers, you depend on your brothers to keep you alive. If you place morality above that, then they won’t keep you alive. I know it’s wrong, but it is a matter of life and death.

I think that an fMRI for all cops and public servants should be required to keep the spaths out. Period.

7. Stargazer says:

I read this story and also a story below it about a woman who escaped her abusive family when she was 14 – an excellent read and inspiring story. Both of these made me realize how important it can be for healing to hold the abusers accountable.

But some of us never got that chance.

When I was in my 20′s, I started realizing just how abusive my family was. It’s not that I was in any kind of blissful denial before that – it’s just that I hadn’t really had the opportunity to see my situation through the eyes of the many healthy people who had become my friends in graduate school. I became enraged. I finally realized I’d been victimized and because of it, I was at a huge disadvantage in my life. I was livid that they had never been held accountable. I applied to a program that gave a small amount of money (I think $1000) to survivors of abuse. But the problem is that there were no police records and no medical records – only my word against theirs. I considered taking them to court, but again, I had no evidence and no money for a lawyer. Though I know there were probably a few witnesses to the black and blue welts on my body from the brutal beatings I’d received, I had no idea who or where these witnesses were. I had no choice but to do nothing. I can’t help but to wonder how much more quickly I would have healed had there been justice, had someone cared, had someone taken me seriously, had I been able to publicly hold them accountable. I might have let go of the anger and resentment long ago. This is the one thing that prevented me from forgiving my parents – that I felt they had never been held accountable. By hating and resenting them, I was punishing them – it was the only way I knew to hold them accountable.

Reading both the articles made me feel angry once again that justice was never served, that I never escaped nor was rescued. I lost so much of my life to depression (which was basically anger that never had an outlet). I don’t want to revisit those days where I was angry all the time. I need to move on with my life because nothing can be done about the past. I work so hard at creating a new identity for myself that doesn’t involve a victimization that was never vindicated. I just can’t go back there. I wish that by reading these articles of women who got justice for their abuses, I could feel vindicated. But I don’t. It only makes me angry that it never happened that way for me.

I can’t go back down that desolate road of anger and bitterness, but I’m amazed at how little it takes for me to be tempted to go back there….

8. panther says:

May I just throw in that when I was in Turkey, I heard stories like this all the time. I made a decision early on in that country that if anything went wrong, I wouldn’t be calling the cops.

That doesn’t make this story any less sickening, but I wanted to voice it so that people know. This sort of thing is common in some parts of the world. I’m conjuring up a concept about Systematic Sociopathy, where an entire society has become so ridden with sociopaths in decision-making positions that the very culture is sociopathic in nature. I’d put Turkey and a lot of Middle Eastern countries into this category. When one looks at the whole system, it looks like a sociopath invented the whole set-up.