Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas! Wherever you are on your journey, we hope that you are heading towards happiness, joy, and above all, peace!

Love,

Donna and Terry

Posted in: Donna Andersen

16 Comments on "Merry Christmas to all!"

1. KatyDid says:

Yes! Athena! I have spent my Christmas holidays in observation mode. NO expectations. I notice but I don’t feel devasted, which is how trauma normally affects me.

OBSERVATION MODE. Great place to be, Hard place to find.

2. tobehappy says:

Merry Christmas to everyone! I made a conscious decision to have a PEACEFUL and stressfree holiday! Totally avoided the “dysfunctional” family and spent time with my girls and my sister and my best friend and her family (who are more like family to me and treat me with love and respect!).
    Its been a cozy, heartwarming fun Holiday!
    Hope everyone here has a peaceful warm holiday!

3. candy says:

Hellllllllllo LF friends. Just stopping by to wish you a belated Merry Christmas and a Peaceful New Year.

It’s hard to believe what a difference a year makes (spath free) Good luck to you all who are just beginning the journey – it DOES get better as time passes (although when someone told me that at the beginning I could have screamed ‘no it won’t’)

Anyway here I am on year on and on the mend thanks to LF for educating me re: what I was dealing with. It would have been impossible to come through it without you guys. Thank you.

Love to all x

4. darwinsmom says:

Merry Christmass to all of you: let it be cozy, peaceful, warm, stressfree and a safe one 🙂 Hugs to all of you. I don’t think I could have gotten such a good progress without you all.

Love, Darwinsmom

5. lovelost says:

Belated Merry Christmas to all
    i survived my last xmas as half a person. I have stepped back and now observe. As Athena writes, by being an observer you realise that they treat everyone the same – that everything is focussed on him, even when he is with his family; how much he has done for them and how they have inconvenienced him and the uspoken subtext of how that has stopped him looking after his own interests. And now I have noticed the ‘inaccuracies’ in the stories that I used to ignore. I no longer feel the need to excuse his behaviour to them.

Come the new year I will be celebrating in a major fashion, escape from a world of dimishment and lack of commtiment – as I walk alone and free into my new world where I am not dependent or part of another
    where I can find true love with someone who wants to be with the real me and commit to me (If I can’t commit to ME then why would anyone else)
    thank you all for your support and words of wisdom
    happy new year

6. strongawoman says:

Love lost,

That is pure poetry. Very beautiful words and very touching.

7. IMconfused says:

I spent Christmas Eve afternoon with my oldest son, his son, and his girl friend and her two children…and my sociopath husband.
    It was good fun.

Shortly after everyone else left to go to his girlfriend mom’s house, my husband announced that he would be going to celebrate Christmas Eve at his daughter’s house…I was welcome to go with him…he would be leaving in 10 minutes! Yikes! I asked him about his plans 2 weeks earlier so that I could make other plans…he said he didn’t know…not even when I asked again two days earlier! (This is his pattern.)

Anyway, next year will be different…I resolve to make plans…right after he tells me he doesn’t know what is going on (grin).

The dog and I actually had a very pleasant time without him.