lovefraud3
  • Portuguese
  • Russian
  • Spanish
  • Turkish
  • Vietnamese

Polygamist Warren Jeffs sentenced for sexually assaulting girls

Warren Jeffs, leader of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (FLDS), was sentenced to life plus 20 years for sexually assaulting two girls, ages 15 and 12. CNN reported:

Jeffs perverted his position as the head of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to “satisfy his own personal appetites and desires,” prosecutor Eric Nichols said.

Those appetites included forcing sex on the two girls, 12 and 15, who he had taken as wives, prosecutors said.

Audiotapes seized from his car and the church’s Yearning For Zion Ranch compound in Eldorado, Texas, and played for jurors during his trial, depicted Jeffs offering “celestial marriage” instructions to the young wives, according to prosecutors.

“You have to know how to be sexually excited and to help each other … and you have to be ready for the time I need your comfort,” a man’s voice says. “This is your mission. This is how you abide the law.

At one point, the man says, “Take your clothes off. Do it right now,” followed by the sounds of crying.

“Just don’t think about the pain; you’re going to heaven,” the man says.

“Rarely if ever in the criminal justice system in Texas have we ever encouraged a person such as Warren Jeffs, whose criminal conduct spans decades, multiple jurisdictions and hundreds of victims,” Nichols said.

Read the coverage:

Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs sentenced to life in prison, on CNN.com

Prophet to pedophile: Polygamist Warren Jeffs sentenced to life in prison, on CSMonitor.com.

Story suggested by a Lovefraud reader.

8 Comments on "Polygamist Warren Jeffs sentenced for sexually assaulting girls"

1. Hopeforjoy says:

If ever there was a spath, it would be Warren Jeffs. He is cognizant of every sick, sick, sick act he performed. Why is it that older spath men always target young girls. We should be protecting these girls and it seems they were led to the slaughter by the whole community.

I think they should be prosecuting the parents as well, the parents should be protecting their daughters from preditors like Warren spath head Jeffs. The whole community should be prosecuted. This just makes me sooooo freaking angry!!!!

At least they didn’t let him off with a ‘freedom of religion’ line of defense. Like the cons that aren’t prosecuted because of ‘freedom of speech’. Pleeeesssee.

I know there are some decent men out there somewhere, but right now I think they are all freaking perverts who pray on the innocent.

2. skylar says:

Hopeforjoy,
    I’m hopeful that he gets whats coming to him as the “wife” in prison. That should straighten out his head.

He said he would be hung from the highest tree if people knew what he was doing. Typical spath dramatics. A role reversal is much more apt.

3. one/joy_step_at_a_time says:

I was so pleased to see that he go life in prison. finally. a decent verdict.

4. Ana says:

Hopeforjoy/Skylar/One joy step,
    Some man here in this area just got arrested for molesting a 3 yr old girl. He’s 73 yo…how repulsive!

5. one/joy_step_at_a_time says:

Ana – my gf was in his 70′s when he touched me. Granted I was not 3, but it makes no diff to these people. none. If fact i think being older gives them more access.

When i was i a 12 step group there was an old guy who was a predator – no one wanted to believe me……..so i started warning new comers (big contravention of how the anonymity guideline is used…to silence people. Then he fucked over one of the ‘old-timers’ in program…and she had a bit more ‘cred’. still, WE left and i am sure he is still there cruising.

Well, actually he may be dead by now. that’s a cheery thought.

6. backintothelight says:

I have been following this story closely – and I have my own personal joy for the sentencing of the Sociopath “Jeffs”

I’ve been keeping up with this monster’s trials….and I am so glad to see him exposed for what he is and to be sentenced to prison where people will be protected from him.

The parents in this situation I also think should be prosecuted….this guy is like Tony Alamo, who is so narcissistic he gives the phrase “dirty old man” new meaning. His Narcissism is what brought him down though….tape recording every moment of his day 24/7 because he is so “important”—-the tapes of him instructing his “wives” and the tapes of him actually attacking these young women and girls…(head shaking here)

8. I’ve heard some of the tapes on the news and it’s painfully clear that he knew what he was doing and that it was wrong. Sick Sick Sick individual that has ruined many young lives.