lovefraud3
lovefraud3

Teenage murderer exhibits signs of a sociopath

Last week a Florida teenager by the name of Tyler Hadley allegedly beat his parents to death with a framing hammer, and then had a party attended by about 60 young people, with his parents’ bodies in the master bedroom.

Some people appear to be blaming Hadley’s behavior on drug use. Read:

City is stunned at teenager’s arrest in parents’ deaths on NYTimes.com.

In another article, however, a one of Hadley’s neighbors related that he had a reputation as a “troubled child”—and then explained how troubled. It sounds like a description of a sociopath.

Read Neighbor tells Jane Velez-Mitchell that Tyler Hadley ‘never showed emotion’ on Examiner.com.

Story suggested by a Lovefraud reader.

www.lovefraud.com

18 Comments on "Teenage murderer exhibits signs of a sociopath"

1. DUPED_IN_SOCAL says:

skylar, you said:

“The point I was trying to make is that he is a narcissist. He has control issues. He can’t control himself so he must control everyone else. He can’t adapt so he must force everyone else to adapt to him.” Oh do I ever see THAT! Completely. EVERYONE must conform or they are OUT. Definitely.

OX: Interesting post. Thanks so much.

Duped

2. behind_blue_eyes says:

Is it me or does this guy look a lot like Julian Assange?

3. DUPED_IN_SOCAL says:

WHAT GUY BBE?
    I DONT SEE NO GUY. :)

4. DUPED_IN_SOCAL says:

Donna: I have purposely NOT read the articles above because just reading the little bit you posted has me sick to my stomach. I got the picture enough without reading the articles. Please do accept my apologies for responding even though I haven’t read them.

I read enough to tell that this is a very disturbed person. Anyone who could do ANYTHING like this is not a well person. He seems young enough that he may escape any harsh form of justice but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him ABSOLUTELY end up in a hospital. I am sure that probably his attorneys are seeing this as somewhat of a credible defense. Unfortunately that does not serve justice nor the safety nor sanctity of our world.

The amount of uncontrollable rage that took place in this incident (just from the brief description you provided) tells me that this is truly a sick person. We need to educate people – mostly our children, like we do when we speak to them about ‘sex’ and ‘where babies come from’, etc., we need to find a way to include the discussion about bad people with ill intentions without making them traumatized nor afraid to live and be happy and enjoy this world as the child they are. There has to be a way. If we love our children, we will find a way. :)

I think the BEST education a child can ever get is one lived by example. I have asked myself, every day since I became a mother at the age of 18 years old, ‘what do I look like to my kid?’ Do I want my kid to see me doing this? or that? I think that is part of the responsibility of being an adult; a parent. I never have known what a parent like this is. I had my Maternal Grandfather who raised me and never a mother or father, in the normal sense. I raised myself from the age of 16, when Gramps passed away, and have been making my way in life ever since. :) I have been so blessed to have raised four wonderful human beings, I call my children. They have been the only massive joy I have found in this journey we call life. THAT and all of the gentle blessings and wonderful people like all of you who makes life worth it. Worth all the struggles and up’s and down’s. You all have helped make me stronger inside.

Ok, I will get off my soapbox and wish you all a wonderful evening FREE of stress, chaos, sadness and tears…

Put a smile on those faces and know we are all here together.

Love ~ Duped

5. behind_blue_eyes says:

Duped;

The Norwegian guy…

6. DUPED_IN_SOCAL says:

Oh, sorry…I didn’t see the article. I read enough in Donna’s post that I couldn’t take reading the article. I don’t even want to see their faces. How horrible is that! I have had to force myself to stay away from the ugly things sometimes because it just sends me off into one. Thanks for telling me though. I thought perhaps it was one of those holographic kind of things; ahahahaha

*HUGS BBE* ;)

Dupedster duh-duh-duh

7. Louise says:

BBE:

Yes, he does resemble Julian.

8. Redwald says:

Hi Oxy,

You’ve had some fascinating experiences out there in southern Africa. Yes, I’ve heard of those languages where Westerners are apparently unable even to distinguish some of the sounds if they haven’t already been doing so for most of their lives. I’d love to have a crack at doing that myself, to see if I could tell the difference or not!

It would be interesting to know some of the ways in which their way of looking at things is different from ours. It wouldn’t surprise me to hear that many of them are value differences ultimately rooted in the Bantus’ traditional mode of survival in their physical and ecological environment.

I find it helpful to distinguish between “culture” and “environment.” My own personal definition of a “culture” is the set of customs and other behaviors a society has adopted in order to meet their human needs within a particular environment. So while “cultures” can vary enormously, they do have constraints: the constraints of the environment they operate in on the one hand, and the mandate to satisfy basic human needs (including social and emotional) on the other.

I’m not sure why you seem surprised that Anders Breivik is so young. For one thing he’s a revolutionary, unquestionably a “hothead”—that’s putting it mildly!—and those types invariably are young. If anyone wants to add that he’s mentally unstable, I’d point out that mental instability of that kind is more likely to manifest itself earlier rather than later. I mean at 20-35 (at a rough guess) rather than 50 or 60, say.

What is the typical age of anyone who goes on a shooting spree of this kind? Who comes to mind? Derrick Bird was unusually old at 52. Jared Lee Loughner who shot Gabby Giffords and others here in Arizona was 22. Seung-Hui Cho of the Virginia Tech massacre was 23. Harris and Klebold of Columbine High School were only 18. Charles Whitman at the University of Texas was 25. Ryan of the Hungerford massacre was 27. Thomas Hamilton in Dunblane was 43. Howard Unruh back in 1949 was 28. Starkweather was only 19. Hennard, the guy in Luby’s in Texas was 35. I could go on, but the feel I’m getting is that Breivik if anything is on the older side for this kind of violent outburst.

There’s also something Breivik himself said. He was describing the problem of Muslim gangs in Oslo, which USED to be a peaceful city. He himself had been attacked or robbed by these gangs as many as eight times, suffering a broken nose, and other people he knew had been hurt worse, even raped. He said:

…more than 80% of our parliamentarians have never experienced Muslim gangs with all its ugly manifestations. A great majority of them haven’t even been raised in Oslo or any large European city with small but dominant Muslim minorities. They usually move to Oslo as adults and settle in the non-Muslim areas of the city. Our parliamentarians and media are completely unplugged from reality, they don’t know what’s going on or they don’t want to know. On the other hand, the new generations that have experienced this development the last two decades are all urban, young individuals under 30-35 years. I’m quite sure the majority of them now vote the Progress Party, Norway’s only antiimmigration party.

“Urban, young individuals under 30-35 years…” If that’s the case it helps to explain why younger rather than older people would have the grievances that Breivik was venting.

I’m not altogether surprised if he had a smirk on his face when they drove him away. They might stop him writing letters or making public speeches, but that makes no difference when he already got his message out BEFORE the massacre. In the 21st century they can’t shut him up, not as long as the Internet is free. I heard the guy mailed copies of his “manifesto” to over FIVE THOUSAND people! With all the publicity he got, many times that number will end up looking at it, if only out of sheer curiosity. There’s a video as well. So he may be smirking at the number of people who will be reading his stuff, whether they “like” it or not!

Dear Redwald,

Yea, I am reading about the brain’s neuroplastic capacities and how language and culture are different as well as how they CHANGE the brain’s chemistry AND the connections inside the brain. Very interesting stuff….the new scans and abilities to test the brain now are leading scientists to see that the brain is NOT static…it can change and modify itself (plasticity) in response to environment and experience.

Some research on the way various populations (Asian vs Western vs. Middle Eastern) view the world and observe the world is amazing—Asians vs Westerners view the world more as a whole whereas they don’t seen the minuteness of a picture, but westerners see more minute areas more clearly but fail to take in the whole….

The Bantu culture makes good sense in the hunter/gatherer and even in the cattle herder environment, but it starts to break down in the cities, with gangs of kids who roam at large without clear boundaries….plus add in the drugs, and South Africa’s youth is having a big problem now. My friends who still live there, and what I have read, about what is going on in the intercities is very sad. The traditional culture that had a moral compass is breaking down among these youth who are losing that moral compass as they progress from their native culture to the drug and urban culture which lacks the controls that the community had over adolescent behavior.

I learned to respect the Bantu and their culture and some of the interesting things about their language that reflected their environment, and how they saw the world as a unified whole. That was over 40 years ago, though, I am very sad that urbanization and drugs are adversely effecting too many of the Bantu youth today.

Some of these guys, like the Unabomber and others who go on rampages, actually I think are mentally ill (though maybe not legally “mentally incompetent”) and some are just filled with rage at perceived injustices….(real or not). Cultural clashes, though, cause a lot of disturbances in both sides. Look at the various “honor killings” that are taking place in UK from families who have emigrated and their kids don’t maintain their “traditional” culture, but instead absorb the western one and don’t want an arranged marriage with some cousin back in Pakistan so the father kills them to save the family “honor.”

We had a case here in US not long ago where a Middle Eastern man was trying to force his 13 year old step daughter (American) to marry his 50 year old cousin “back home” She managed to escape before they could force her on a plane though, but again, it was a clash of cultures.

The way our brains “hard wire” our culture and belief systems at a young age about what is “right and wrong” (though this Can be changed, it is very difficult to change it) forcing two cultures to live together that are very different can be a problem for both sides, producing a Timothy McVeigh or one like this most recent one in Norway. Yea, he did get his “message” out there, but I doubt that there is going to be a big uprising like he hoped there would be even if he did get his message out there.

At the same time, I think our side needs to realize we are not going to “convert” the Taliban into kind neighbors that will live peacefully next door to us in peaceful co-existence. Not gonna happen. I guess we can throw our “pocket edition of peaceful neighbor manifestos” at them. LOL (I laughed out loud about his feminist humor!) Shouldn’t I guess, but it wAS funny. I guess even a monster full of rage can have a sense of humor as well.