Megan’s law killer wants to get out of jail

Jesse Timmendequas, of Hamilton, New Jersey, lured 7-year-old Megan Kanka into his home back in 1994, promising to show her a puppy. He sexually assaulted and strangled her, then dumped her body in a park. At the time, he was already a convicted sex offender.

Timmendequas was convicted in 1997, and has been in prison ever since. Because of his crime, New Jersey and many other states passed “Megan’s Laws,” mandating that communities be notified about sex offenders living in their neighborhoods.

Timmendequas has filed appeals, claiming that his defense lawyers were ineffective. The New Jersey appeals court ruled yesterday that he can pursue his claims, although the court did not agree that Timmendequas’ conviction should be overturned.

Read Courts: NJ Megan’s Law killer can continue appeal on News.Yahoo.com.

A prior article said that the counsel was ineffective because they did not offer proof of Timmendequas’ mental retardation.

Read Megan’s law killer, sex offender asks N.J. court for prison release on NJ.com.

Posted in: Laws and courts

27 Comments on "Megan’s law killer wants to get out of jail"

1. one/joy_step_at_a_time says:

ouuuu., dy*no*mite!

stupid faker spath said she blew stuff up….gerrrrr

2. Louise says:

one/joy:

Oooops, sorry if I triggered you by saying that 🙁 I didn’t know…

3. one/joy_step_at_a_time says:

no one knows. she was just so full of lie after lie after lie.
    sigh.

no more spath talk.

hahhaha.

4. Louise says:

one/joy:

I understand.

I will only be up for a bit longer. I have to get up at 5AM and it’s already late!

5. one/joy_step_at_a_time says:

here too. thanks for hanging out louise. i sure needed some company.

6. Louise says:

one/joy:

You are welcome. Anytime!

7. Redwald says:

I went to buy him a fd card and a bday card at the dollar store tonight (strategic gifting)

“Strategic gifting”—what a wonderful expression! 😀

OK. You say some English type things such as bloody and spell neighbors with a “u.” Way north of NY?

Spelling can be misleading at times. They have “neighboUrs” down south in Oz and NZ as well as other places. Not forgetting our neighbo(u)rs up in the Great Frozen North… 😉

8. one/joy_step_at_a_time says:

Hi Redwald – ‘strategic gifting’ is a great phrase. I have learned so much on lf, especially from ErninBrock, about strategy.

there is a postal strike here, and i sent the first card (fd) out with a freind – he knows what i am doing – don’t let the n sire see the game. ’cause when i sue him, the gifting will cause cognitive dissonance. backspath for the n sire.

i sometimes want to attribute my balls to being his daughter – and maybe i can – but he is a bastard, he stole from me, and he didn’t lift a finger to help me when i was in a great deal of trouble. So, he gets the cheap strategic cards.

9. Louise says:

one/joy:

Yeah, I finally figured it out…way up north! 🙂

It takes me a minute sometimes…