Man abuses child, and records it all on his cell phone

In a shocking story from the UK, Darren Newton was convicted of murder and child cruelty in the death of 15-month-old Charlie Hunt. Newton abused the child, his girlfriend’s son, over six months, recording his actions with his cell phone and giving the video clips titles like, “Happy Slap.” A jury took 40 minutes to convict him.

Read Slapped to death on TheSun.co.uk. And, be sure to read the sidebar story, I wasn’t great as a mum. The girlfriend, apparently, had already lost custody of two older children.

In Newton’s testimony during the trial, he claimed that he “didn’t enjoy” beating the child. Yeah, right.

Read Boyfriend accused of ‘happy slap’ killing of partner’s baby says ‘I beat him repeatedly but I didn’t enjoy it,’ on DailyMail.co.uk.

Story suggested by a Lovefraud reader.

17 Comments on "Man abuses child, and records it all on his cell phone"

1. skylar says:

My s-sister is dumber than nails. you should have seen ur last night trying to convince 4 people that she remember things correctly we were all wrong. I remember when she was a little girl my mother would agree with her even when she was clearly lying. supposedly she agreed with her just to calm her down. whatever reason really work the end result is that she thinks she could lie and people will believe her no matter how audacious her lies. The worst part is that, in a subtle way, they are still encouraging her to lie by not backhanding her across the mouth until she Only speaks the truth. By civily disagreeing with her they are encouraging her to think this is a valid strategy. I’m a firm believer in pain punishment for spaths.

I think the “racist” or “sexist” attitudes are just examples of the fact that NO ONE is on an equal level with the N or P, because of COURSE they are soooooo superior! EVERYONE is beneath them. Their entitlement is extreme.

It is also a part of the scapegoating that we were talking about the other night. That making others the “bad guys” for all the world’s ills, or my ills, or our family’s ills, etc. If you can, like Hitler did, make a group the focus of the “ills” for a country or a group, push and project the blame off on them, then you detract from your own failures. Politicians and kings are great at doing that! It unifies the population behind you as you blame another group for the famine, the war, the recession, the depression, and increases your power. It has worked for tens of thousands of years and I guess I will continue to work for 10 thousand more. If you don’t learn from history, you are doomed to REPEAT IT! Whether it is on a national level or a personal level.

Actually, I am VERY prejudiced, against people who abuse others. And proud of it! DOWN WITH ABUSERS!!!! Down with psychopaths! TOWANDA!!!

3. one_step_at_a_time says:

my spath – in sweet boy guise was very liberal/ open minded, etc.

but and in the other stories she has told to con others she is overtly racist.

and i don’t know what her IQ is, but she is one hell of a multi- tasker! in fact i could use her mad skills at work right now!

i have often wondered, what she could do for mankind, with all that ability, if she were not such an evil lying c***.

4. dancingnancies says:

just wanted to post this image delineating the process of mind control/manipulation ( its a graphic on the process of NLP ) : http://www.nlpmind.com/images/ss.gif

The graphic illustrates the process of NLP (Neurolinguistic Programming)
    kind of like what psychopaths do in order to manipulate you ( Ie : Mind control ) … it incorporates a lot of how ‘mirroring’ works as well… building the illusion, creating an ideal environment so you could begin to let your walls down with the individual. Anyway, I thought it would be helpful to see the process broken down kinda sorta in a visual format. From ( source ) cyberpaths.blogspot.com

5. one_step_at_a_time says:

dancingnancies –

a big word in the chart is ‘imagination’. how one step got suckered…I like the world of imagination. i am practical, but i am an artist and take things from concept to reality all the time.

i love to play with words and concepts, and i have rarely found anyone who I can play with – but the two who did may have just been mirroring me- the spath and the n ex. how effing depressing. i get a charge out of this sort of play – all sorts of happy chemicals get released in my brain.

i understand the chemical/ hormone release dynamic a bit from being here – sometimes when we get riffing late night i get the feeling. but i see that, because of the spath trauma and because we are talking about spaths it jazzes me in a way that is not so positive sometimes, so i just step back.

my imagination is corralled, locked away, because it’s one of the things deemed ‘not safe’; and one of the things i need to reclaim. these ‘corrals’ are full, the livestock of my mind pushing against the fence, straining to get out. it’s one of the reasons i am so frustrated and mad all the time. i have locked myself up in self defense. but the spath is gone now, and i can start working on it.

Dear One,

I saw a cartoon once about how the inmate population was growing and where the “free world” (i.e. people not in prison) were INSIDE A FORT-like structure with the guard towers etc but the “guards” guns were pointed outward from the towers not inside the structure, and everyone on the outside of that fort-like building was “in prison.”

I think that maybe sometimes we LOCK OURSELVES INSIDE A FORT in an effort to keep ourselves safe and we end up putting ourselves in solitary confinement.

Well, we did get hurt by the bad guys, but you know the thing is that life isn’t “100% safe” and that’s okay too….no one gets out alive. LOL But I don’t want to sacrifice EVERYTHING GOOD in order to be totally SAFE inside my solitary cell. ”

There’s got to be a REASONABLE trade off between safety and solitary. That’s where the boundaries come in….with individuals and with groups.

Someone is interesting, funny, smart, talented and I enjoy conversations with them—-how much cheet am I going to take before the positive is out weighed by the negative?

How about if I have to watch to be sure they don’t steal the silverware out of the drawer when they come to my house for dinner? Or how about if I have to watch the liquor cabinet? Is the pleasure I get from their company in conversation outweighed by having to replace the liquor or the silverware?

I have finally realized at what point the pleasure of someone’s company is too “expensive” in terms of emotional or financial Coin. If something (anything) is too “expensive” I just don’t purchase it any more and I either do without it or find a substitute.

It just in the end boils down to what I am willing to “pay” for something, or if I even want that something in my life at all.

I remember the conversation you had here about the ADHD friend of yours that you had trouble deciding to associate with her or not due to her changes of schedules and not being able to make an agreement with her on plans because she would change her mind at the last second and it was becoming very irritating to you and you were wondering if her “friendship” was worth it any more.

Sometimes in our lives someone IS worth some hassle, but later the hassle becomes too much and the friendship dies of its own accord or we set it aside. THAT IS OKAY, it is just like I decided after my husband died to turn off the cable TV because it was NO LONGER WORTH IT TO ME. It HAD been worth it when he was alive because he liked to record his favorite show (about the only one he watched) and watch it when he had time and it was convenient. Since I don’t watch much TV and my time is now more flexible, I no longer think it is worth it to pay that much per month for cable. So the “worth/value” has changed for the same thing.

7. peggywhoever says:

This is one of the saddest (and sickest) things I have seen. Such an adorable little boy. How tragic.

8. NormanF says:

A classic psychopath… took the videos and drove the kid to death for his sick and twisted pleasure. Its a good illustration of why the conduct disorder is incurable. How can you instill a conscience in someone who lacks one? Normal people feel revulsion and their gut twists in knots on hearing this kind of story. The cost to innocent people is a very high one. We don’t like to face evil in its absolute form and there’s something horrifying, fascinating and repulsive about people who do things no decent person would ever do.