The Long history of scandals in the clergy

Bishop Eddie Long, pastor of the New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in suburban Atlanta, Georgia, has been accused of sexually preying on young men in his congregation. As columnist George E. Curry points out, he’s just the latest in a long line of clergymen embroiled in scandals.

Read Sex scandals among clergy are not new, unfortunately, on Philly.com.

134 Comments on "The Long history of scandals in the clergy"

1. skylar says:

Ohhh, now that’s a combination to drool over… johnny depp and cheese…. yum!

2. Stargazer says:

The only way I could get interested in Johnny right now is if I could dip him in some chocolate fondue. LOL I just bought a groupon deal for half off on wood-fired pizza. The DAY I come off my diet, I plan to use it.

3. ErinBrock says:

Star….take Johnny Depp….i’m sure he’s got less calories….and NO FAT! 🙂

4. Stargazer says:

Only if I could lick the chocolate fondue off of him….*drool…chocolate*

5. one/joy_step_at_a_time says:

OMG star. 🙂 you should wait for the ‘johhny depp dipped in chocolate’ groupon – don’t be wating your money on pizza!

Well, his wife finally dumped him and now he is leaving the mega church, but I bet he is going with a pocket full of money.

7. Stargazer says:

Almond joy….I mean One joy…I’ve been waiting for any kind of Johnny Depp coupon for years. It has never appeared. I finally caved and got the pizza. Today I was in a garden store. They had a plate full of cookies and a vat of apple cider out for their customers (like they do every year when I go in there). Very unconsciously, I reached for a cookie. I was all excited – free cookies. Then I remembered…oh yeah. I can’t. 🙁 I have $1000 riding on it. 🙁 I will go eat my salad with rice vinegar dressing now. I get to bake some eggplant with tomato and basil for dinner. Yippee!

One more week. I can do this.

8. one/joy_step_at_a_time says:

Star- you sure can!
    It’s amazing how much we do unconsciously, habitually isn’t it!

I have been having a rough time around food. Some of the challenges I am dealing with are affecting me deeply; to the extent that I have stopped thinking at times. I am writing myself a game plan to, so that i have something to go to immediately.

Keep on rocking in the spath-free world!