Cult leader’s rape conviction overturned

In 2007, Warren Jeffs, “prophet” of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, was convicted on two counts of rape as an accomplice. Prosecutors charged that he forced a 14-year-old girl to marry and have sex with her 19-year-old cousin. He was sentenced to two consecutive terms of five years to life.

Yesterday, the Utah Supreme Court threw out the conviction.

Read Victim in Jeffs case: ‘This is not the end” on CNN.com.

Link supplied by a Lovefraud reader.

33 Comments on "Cult leader’s rape conviction overturned"

1. Wini says:

BlueJay, thanks for the lead on the book. I copied your post to my files and will pick up the book in the near future. I’ll get back to with my book report (SMILE).

Peace.

2. Wini says:

Dani S, I wished I knew you at the time I was seeing my EX. He was very good at hiding his facial expressions. Either that, or I was too stressed out, exhausted and overwhelmed over what I was enduring with my bosses for 6 years than to pay attention to my EX his facial expressions.

I have to sit on the fence on this issue regarding why I didn’t notice red flags, facial expressions, catching him in lies.

The excuses he used for the foreclosure and other derogatory issues matched completely as he blamed my managers and higher ups … where I worked. If I could write and tell you where I worked and who I worked for, then my horror story would make complete sense to you and everyone. The only thing I can say is I did the best that I could do under the circumstances. If it were he and I without all the work drama, I do believe he would have taken advantage of me … but, never to the point of what he got. He was either a ringer, or in the right place at the right place to destroy me.

My vote is he was a ringer for who I worked for.

Peace.

Oh, as far as the evolution theory goes … can I ask you this question? Where did it all come from?

3. bluejay says:

Wini,

I hope that you are able to locate the books, finding them interesting, entertaining. After reading many of your posts, learning about your past situation, I got to thinking that your story had elements that reminded me of a Frank Peretti story (I think I read his first book, but don’t remember if I read the second one, having read them back in the late 80’s). Thus, that is why I asked if you had ever read any of the author’s books, his first two. I won’t post anymore about this author, having said enough.

4. Frank Lee Speaking says:

Speaking of spouse abusers with God complexes… You would laugh if this lunatic wasn’t serious which he is.

5. Wini says:

BlueJay, no, I’ve never read them but I am starting to think along the same thoughts you are. If I find out, I’ll get back to you.

6. Wini says:

Frank Lee, he really is born into the Windsor family. Like it or not. He really does holds the title “Prince of Wales”. Not an illusion. He’s not some guy sitting in his bedroom making this stuff up to pick up women. LOL.