Are we born with a sense of right and wrong?

Researchers at Yale University developed studies to answer the question: Do babies have a sense of right and wrong? What they came up with may surprise you.

Read The moral life of babies, on NYTimes.com. Be sure to watch the video.

Link submitted by a Lovefraud reader.

132 Comments on "Are we born with a sense of right and wrong?"

1. heavenbound says:

Shabbychic,

HI!! Thank you for remembering me! I haven’t visited much lately so I don’t know anything about the new articles or how anyone is doing in their recovery, but I will catch up, hopefully.

I miss you guys…I don’t have internet so I have to visit family to use it. I finally went back home after several months of being gone so that the P wouldn’t torture us but it’s been on again every since we went home,,,the games the p’s play that is. I’m stuck in limbo in some ways.

We r falling apart though at home,,,me and my boys 🙁

My oldest is going through an awfully hard time with growing up. I didn’t know he was so mad at me, but I guess he is…:(

I love you all and I hope everyone is hanging in there!

Thank you again, shabbychic! I didn’t think anyone would notice I was gone…I know that’s awfully selfish of me but I don’t feel valuable to anyone at all and so I am walking and talking and breathing in pain.

I must go home now. 🙁

2. hens says:

Heavenbound – I will never forget you.. Remember me? Henry? I am so happy to see you here and sad that you are still struggling – you mean alot to all of us….peace and hugz to u

3. shabbychic says:

heavenbound, so good to hear from you!!!!
    of course I remember you,
    of course I would notice that you were gone.
    Don’t let the p take away your self worth,
    your worth is measured by God, not the p.
    You are not a selfish woman,
    you have more value than you will ever know,
    everyone here loves you,
    you are a special person,
    you have to value yourself
    give yourself strength,
    you and the boys
    can get out, one tiny step at a time.
    God has not forgotten you, he promises.

4. OxDrover says:

Dear Heavenbound,

Of course we noticed you were gone! I’m so glad to see you back here, even if it is just once in a while.

It’s really difficult to know just how strong, how valuable and how good you are when you are around a psychopath, they suck the life out of us like a vampire.

God loves you and he has NOT forgotten you and neither have we. I’m still here because I know that the healing process is not just a “one day you are healed” it is an ON GOING process for the rest of our lives, but it does get better where it is not painful like it was. (((((hugs))))) and you are still in my prayers!!!!! God bless you and your boys!

5. heavenbound says:

Oh Henry, you know I remember you! Always! Peace and a huge hug to you! Thank you for being you! and for remembering me!

Shabbychic, I don’t know how to stop the p from stealing my self worth, it’s extremely hard to hold on to it…no I don’t have ANY feeling of worth right now. But you are right that God is the one that measures our worth, thank you so much for reminding me and for taking the time. It brings tears to read your post, to read that I might be more valuable than i can ever know. I honestly don’t know how anymore (if i ever did) how to value myself or give myself strength.

I have been asking myself alot lately and feeling desperate about how to finally get out of this mess but it doesn’t seem that I can. Not because it isn’t possible in general, but I don’t know how to stop the process, he triggers and pulls the strings that cause the most damage. No matter how many times it happens, I can’t stop myself from reacting. My whole world seems to crash down around me and I don’t even know where to start picking up the pieces. BUT, you said…one tiny step at a time. I feel like one tiny step is all I’ve made in the last year, but thats better than none and if I can just make one more tiny one then, that’s even better…and the thought doesn’t cause me to go into an anxiety attack.

You know, I know God hasn’t forgotten me, but alot of times I feel lost and forgotten. Yet I know that He really does and has blessed me and I don’t mean to down play this at all.

Thank you for helping me, for reassuring me and reminding me!

Oxy, You know they really do suck the life right out. When we moved home he started screwing with me all over again. He used saying something to me as covering his time with the boy we share (my youngest). I was so thankful for that and my son got better from where he was getting miserable and mean and I didn’t want that to start all over. Now I don’t know which way to go to get out of this mess, I don’t know how to let go of the pain and the anger, the heart break, it’s so awful. It’s ruining my life and yet I can’t get it all turned around. I feel everyday like the only person in the world that NO ONE loves. I know in my right mind that that is not true but deep inside it feels like it.

I’m trying though, I really am, but it seems like no one wants to work with me to improve things at home and while I can do my part, I can’t do it on my own.( because everything pretty much fell apart there too, it’s not just the things from the p anymore) I feel like I’m trapped in a whole and the only help I get is when someone shoves me farther in the whole. When things get started, I get lost and all I can do is beg for help and no one wants to help…”until i stop crying”. If I were drowning in a whole of water, would they say…”I’m not helping you until you stop that.” ? I’d be dead by then…I just am so messed up that I can’t see I suppose. Plus, I know that crying everytime there is a problem is nerve racking for everyone. Oh, sorry, I’m rambling.

Thank you Oxy, for your post, thank you for keeping me in your prayers, I really need that! God bless you too Oxy!

Thank you guys for posting to me, I really love the way that feels to be included and cared about!

Sorry for getting lost in my post. I love you all and thank you for your support. I still haven’t got to catch up with the articles and with everyones progress. I thought I would today, but it has taken me forever to write this post and now I have to go, I’ve run out of time again. I’m sorry I haven’t caught up yet.

6. shabbychic says:

heavenbound,

.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶* ✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.
    don’t forget your name,
    someday you will live eternally
    with God in a place of beauty and contentment!!!!

Your self worth…
    everything the spath says is a LIE.
    You know what HE IS,
    and you know you are NOT THAT.

It’s like there are 2 people in our head,
    the ego, which constantly puts us down,
    and then there is our core, our spirituality,
    you need to have the CORE of who you are
    as a human being with worth, to start talking back
    to that other voice in your head,
    you say I CONTROL MY THOUGHTS,
    and I don’t care if you have to argue with
    that other little voice in your head all day,
    you tell it to shut up!!!

Hold yourself with confidence,
    you are a woman loved by God.
    These things you are going through will pass,
    you will find your way. Is this not a promise from God?
    I hang on to that promise everyday.

YOU become the “mystery”
    YOU become the one with the little smile
    because YOU are the one walking in the light.
    No one can take that away from you, NO ONE.

Here’s a little song you can sing to yourself!