The voice of a sociopath

A Lovefraud reader alerted us to an audio clip on YouTube called, How not to pick up chicks.

Here’s the story, according to the person who posted the audio:

“One of my friends from work and her friend were out one night in the SF Marina district and were hanging outside of the bars trying to find a cab. One of the girls, Olga, ends up meeting this guy Dmitri and they talk for at the most two minutes. She hands him her business card and says call me.”

Here’s what our Lovefraud reader wrote:

“You should be able to hear a telephone recorded message from Dimitri to Olga. It is so telling. Only Dimitri speaks, but for anyone needing/wanting a lesson in identifying red flags this couldn’t be more perfect. For those of us who have been victimized by this pathology, it is also a lesson in really listening to what is being said. For me, a former victim, it made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.”

I literally howled listening to the tape. Here’s the link:

How not to pick up chicks

Posted in: Cases, Donna Andersen

32 Comments on "The voice of a sociopath"

1. Odette says:

Dear Fighter

I haven’t listened to any of the clips because I can’t access that type of content at work but your comment, “Mirroring his target!!” jumped out at me. That is exactly how I described my ex-P.

After his lies were exposed I realised how he took my life experiences and things I said and mirrored them. I had a difficult childhood and a complicated painful relationship with my parents so of course, so did he. Except he had to go one better and say that he was adopted (he’s not). I spent some time living overseas so of course he did too (another lie).

These are just two examples of how he mirrored me.

I’ve been having a bad few days and last night I felt physically ill when I thought about how he pawed through my life. I told him my hopes and dreams, my fears and vulnerabilites and all the time he was thinking of how he could use my words to his advantage. I don’t know when I’ll stop feeling contaminated.

2. Beverly says:

Dear Fighter, I read the articles on your site almost every day and they are very good for giving people a reality check and I like the clear way they are written.

Mirroring can be a natural response between people who are ‘in tune’, but I guess you are talking about mirroring that is designed to consciously manipulate.

3. Fighter says:

Predators COUNT ON their victims thinking EXACTLY what you said in your first sentence.

We don’t GUESS – they ARE trying to consciously manipulate!! But how are you to know?? Unfortunately, you MUST ASSUME for your own safety everyone’s a predator until they prove beyond a shadow of a doubt (and you do a background check) that they aren’t.

Feeling “in tune” with you is PRECISELY one of the modus operandi of both online & offline predators. ASSUME NOTHING.

4. kim frederick says:

OMG, This guys words are professing one thing while his narrcistic wound is screaming another. He’s absolutely grovelling, while at the same time, flattering, insulting professing the Demitri cult of ME ME ME. It’s astonishing that these fools can’t hear themselves and have absolutely no sence of how repusive they are. Unbelievable.

5. Vision says:

I listened to that u tube about 5 months ago. I forgot about it and it is unbelievable.

I spread that one around to several girlfriends and my female clients….

Recently, a man I had just met “told” me to put his number in my cell phone and then call him right back so he would have my number…..Nahhhh

He didn’t politely ask for my number or give me his and ask me to call if I wanted to. He told me what to do……

In this case above, Dimitri is all out there…….with a loudspeaker…..about who he is……

The ones who aren’t so obvious….the ones who are more crafty…well……..I am learning how to “hear” the sociopath…..Listening closely to what is between the lines……his bait…..